RECIPE - appetizer - baked pears filled with goat cheese
Oh my my. This Recipe is a perfect 10 minutes appetizer. Easy to make, delicious vegetarian dish. Who said that vegetarians have to be stuck with boaring dishes?
Stuffed Pears - feeds 4 (or 2 hungry ones)
2 mid-sized pears
balsamic vinegar (red)
goat cheese spread (fat) - very common here in the mediterranean. If you have trouble getting it in the US, replace with any white cream cheese, but expect sub-optimal results.
1. cut each pear in half, driving the knife from the top of the pear to its wider bottom.
2. with a spoon, gently remove the pear's seeds and hard stuff that run from its head to bottom, make room for the cheese filling.
3. spread some salt and sugar on the space you have just created with the spoon.
4. with the spoon, fill the space with the cream goat cheese. The chees should fill the space, and should not be filled more than the pears hieght.
5. with a peeler, peel four very thin slices of parmesan cheese. place a slice on each pear.
6. sparkle some sugar over the parmesan
7. sparkle 3 drops of fine olive oil over the sparkeled sugar.
8. place in a pre-heated over (180 celsius - 356 farenheit) for about 10 minutes, until the cheese form boils on top.
9. remove from oven, sparkle 3 drops of balsamic vinegar on each pair.
10. serve on a green leaves bedding.
You will enjoy!.
tags: cooking, recipes, french cuisine